Friday, November 9, 2018

Favorite Breakfast: With a Recipe!


The good-old American breakfast is probably my favourite.  Although it's hard to narrow down.  I do also enjoy a blueberry coffeecake that my mom makes regularly for special gatherings.

And here's a recipe for Cranberry Orange Muffins that I've been making with my family for the past dozen years or so.  Tested and true!

Cranberry Orange Muffins

2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup wheat germ
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup sugar
*mix the cranberries with the sugar and let stand together for 2 minutes
3/4 cup orange juice
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1-1/2 tsp grated orange peel
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Mix everything together, but don't overmix. 
Place in well greased and floured muffin tins
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Makes 1-1/2 dozen muffins  

No comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments.

Julie Anderton © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK