Sunday, February 4, 2018

Katy Perry, Witness: The Tour


I went to Katy Perry's "Witness: The Tour" concert Friday night.  

Her shows for the rest of the tour will ALL be in foreign countries: South America, Australia, South Africa, Japan, and Europe.

I wonder how she determines where there's the biggest market for her.  The concert that I went to wasn't sold out, and I'd received the tickets for free, as did the people sitting next to us--seeming to suggest they were giving tickets away in order to fill up the arena.

Anyway, the concert was pretty good.  A young crowd showed up; ten-year-old girls in cat ears with their mommies who would go to the bathroom every 15 minutes.

Left Shark made his way into her show.  They even wrestled on the stage for a bit.  It looks like this guy, infamous from her SuperBowl Show, is here to stay.

I loved all of her costumes and large props such as flamingos dancing in sync.  

She's cut her hair which I think it unfortunate because she looked really good with long hair.

She placed a large emphasis on calling your parents, which at one point she actually does, with a LARGE phone.  These bits between songs were the most tedious for me, and my friend and I actually left early.

It was fun, though.  I'm not so sure about her music overall, it's maybe a little meh.  But they are good enough, and I do like her aesthetic, and for that reason it makes the show worthwhile.  

No comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments.

Julie Anderton © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK